The American flag consists of thirteen equal horizontal stripes of red alternating with white, with a blue rectangle in the canton bearing fifty small, whtie, fice-pointed stars. In Minecraft however, we are only able to make five red stripes and no stars in the canton.
I first thought the canton should be placed in the upper right corner, but I was wrong: “The proper stationary vertical display. The union (blue box of stars) should always be in the upper-left corner.” Wikipedia.
There are only a few steps to make it in to a banner in Minecraft. After that you can put it on an item frame and even on a shield.
- Make a loom. Put two strings and two planks together in the crafting table.
- Make white banners. Put six white wool above a centered stick in the crafting table to make one blue banner.
- Bring the white banners over to the loom.
- Add red dye. Pick the Paly design. Do it twice to get sharp lines.
- Add blue dye. Pick the Chief Dexter Canton design. Do that twice as well.
That’s the finished American flag as a banner all done! So now we want to put the American banner on our shield, but first we want a couple more of these banners so we can decorate the village with them.
- Put the finished American banner in the crafting table. Add more white banners next to it. Thats how you copy or duplicate the banners.
- Now put one of these American banners next to a shield in the crafting table and now you have a American shield! This only works in Java edition however! At least for now.