The flag of Australia is based on the British maritime Blue Ensign – a blue field with the United Kingdom flag (Union Jack) in the canton or upper hoist quarter – augmented with a large white seven-pointed star (the Commonwealth Star) and a representation of the Southern Cross constellation, made up of five white stars – one small five-pointed star and four, larger, seven-pointed stars.
There are only a few steps to make it in to a banner in Minecraft. After that you can put it on an item frame and even on a shield.
- A Loom (2x string and 2x planks)
- Min 2x White Banners and 2x Blue Banners
- 2x White dye
- 5x Blue Dye
- 2x Red Dye
- A Shield or two (if playing Java Edition)
How to make it:
- Make a loom. Put two strings and two planks together in the crafting table.
- Make white and blue banners. Put six white wool above a centered stick in the crafting table to make a white banner. Repeat with blue wool
- Bring the banners over to the loom.
Alternative 1 blue banners
- Add white dye and pick the Lozenge design.
- Add blue dye. Pick the Saltire design.
- Add blue dye. Pick the Per Fess design.
- Add red dye. Pick the Chief Sinister Canton design
Alternative 2 white banners
- Add red dye and pick the Field Masoned design.
- Add blue dye and pick Per Fess Inverted design.
- Add blue dye and pick Per Pale design.
- Add white dye and pick Lozenge design.
- Add blue dye and pick the Saltire design.
- Add blue dye and pick Chief Dexter Canton design.
That’s the finished Australian flag as a banner all done! So now we want to put the Australian banner on our shield, but first we want a couple more of these banners so we can decorate the village with them.
- Put the finished Australian banner in the crafting table. Add more white banners next to it. Thats how you copy or duplicate the banners.
- Now put one of these Australian banners next to a shield in the crafting table and now you have a Australian shield! This only works in Java edition however! At least for now.