The national flag of Japan is a rectangular white banner bearing a crimson-red circle at its center. This flag is officially called Nisshōki (日章旗, the “flag of sun”), but is more commonly known in Japan as Hinomaru (日の丸, the “circle of the sun”). It embodies the country’s sobriquet: Land of the Rising Sun.
There are only a few steps to make it in to a banner in Minecraft. After that you can put it on an item frame and even on a shield.
- A Loom (2x string and 2x planks)
- Min 2x White Banners
- 2x Red Dye
- 1x Shield (Java edition only)
How to make it:
- Make a loom. Put two strings and two planks together in the crafting table.
- Make white banners. Put six white wool above a centered stick in the crafting table to make a white banner.
- Bring the banners over to the loom.
- Add red dye and pick the Roundel design. Do that twice.
That’s the finished Japanese flag as a banner all done! So now we want to put the Japanese banner on our shield, but first we want a couple more of these banners so we can decorate the village with them.
- Put the finished Japanese banner in the crafting table. Add more white banners next to it. Thats how you copy or duplicate the banners.
- Now put one of these Japanese banners next to a shield in the crafting table and now you have a Japanese shield! This only works in Java edition however! At least for now.