The flag of Åland (Swedish: Ålands flagga) is a yellow or gold Nordic cross with another red cross inside on a blue background with the vertical bar shifted towards the hoist side. It is intended to resemble the Swedish flag defaced by a red cross symbolizing Finland.The flag was officially adopted as the flag of the Åland Islands in 1954 and first hoisted in Mariehamn on 3 April 1954. Prior to autonomy, an unofficial horizontal bicolour triband of blue-yellow-blue was in use until it was made illegal in 1935. (Source: Wikipedia)
If you’re looking for a new Minecraft banner to display, then look no further! In this video, I’ll show you how to make the flag of Åland as a banner in Minecraft using the loom. It’s going to be the perfect addition to your Minecraft house or building.
There are only a few steps to make it into a banner in Minecraft. After that you can put it on an item frame and even on a shield.
- A Loom (2x string and 2x planks)
- Min 1x blue banner (six blue wool + one stick)
- 4x Yellow Dye
- 1-2x Red Dye
- 1x Shield (for Java edition only)
How to make it:
- Make a loom. Put two strings and two planks together in the crafting table.
- Make blue banners using 1 stick and blue wool in the crafting table.
- Bring the blue banner in to the loom.
- Add yellow dye and pick the Fess design. Do that twice.
- Add yellow dye and pick the Pale design. Do that twice as well.
- Add red dye and pick the Cross design. If you like you can do this twice as well.
That’s the finished Ålandic flag as a banner all done! So now we want to put the Ålandic banner on our shield, but first we want a couple more of these banners so we can decorate the village with them.
- Put the finished Ålandic banner in the crafting table. Add more white banners next to it. That’s how you copy or duplicate the banners.
- Now put one of these Ålandic banners next to a shield in the crafting table and now you have a Ålandic shield! This only works in Java edition however! At least for now.